Friday, 9 September 2011

Become A Nun

It's twelve months since I finished university and I'm living at home on minimum wage.  I have today lost my final chance of funding to do a PhD.  In addition the application for the dream job I've wanted since I was five has just been rejected. To be frank - the future looks bleak.  

At times like this, I always think, what would happen if I lived in a book?

This would be the turning point in which our heroine either applies successfully to become a governess in a remote location, consoled by the grandeur of the landscape and convenient attractiveness of her rich and enigmatic employer. Or....through a uncanny turn of fate, involving an incident with a runaway pram, earns the undying gratitude of a woman who happens to have a vacancy in her small-yet-up-and-coming-business-complete-with-group-of-eccentric-but-ever-so-loveable-employees.  

On the other hand, if you're me, you do a Guardian job search and get the result 'Become A Nun'.  I knew my Masters was useful for something.


1 comment:

  1. I believe my chiropractor worsened my stress fracture. I have a tibial stress fracture...causing pain I thought was my knee. The chiropractor said my leg was out of alignment, pulled my leg and whacked the sides of my knee to put things back. I told him this was hurting...but he didn't stop. The pain got worse, and I had an MRI from the sports doctor and found a severe stress fracture. No more chiropractor for me.

    metatarsal stress fracture
    Berbagi informasi seputar perawatan bayi sehat
    Dapatkan pilihan atau model dekorasi rumah Anda di Sini
    Anda bisa dapatkan model model tato disini
    dapatkan berbagai macam model tato di sini

    ReplyDelete