Monday, 14 March 2016

Week Four: past halfway!

To summarise - pretty uneventful!

I'm still struggling with cravings but at least I have established clear emotional connections to sugar and alcohol.  Boredom has some relation but on the whole I've learnt I'm a stress eater.  Chocolate seems the solution when my cortisol levels skyrocket.  I've learnt to ride them out with will power and bargaining with myself - usually the promise of good homecooked food later.  If I get desperate I usually have to eat something - this afternoon it was a handful of pecans and almonds with a cup of Yorkshire tea.

Exercise was at an all time low this week due to finishing work late and other events.  However I went to my first grown up ballet, Swan Lake at Leeds Grand Theatre, which was beautiful.   I also had acupuncture for my IBS for the first time.  So I feel like I'm still trying new things.  All good for the soul right? Also discovered the oldest free standing house in York, which considering I lived and studied archaeology there for three years bowled me over!  Norman, c.1180, just off Stonegate, if you're interested (see I said I'd relate it back to archaeology at some point).

Good Points

  • I still haven't had any alcohol or sugar treats after four weeks which I'm frankly amazed by.  In fact I keep telling people because I can't quite believe it, which I'm sure is just really annoying.
  • I made a proper vegetarian roast dinner minus the Yorkshire puds and it was pretty good. The nut roast was this Hairy Bikers recipe, even meat eaters enjoy it: https://www.hairybikersdietclub.com/media/304151/Nut-roast-PDF.pdf.  Replace the gruyere with feta and it is beaut.  Had some roasties, parsnips, pepper and kale with lemon juice as well.
  • I can go swimming this week and am off to the pool with friends tomorrow.  I'm also going to a climbing lesson with my running friends.
  • Work has been busy but I've got an interesting project running.
  • I've had less fruit and more savoury snacks.
  • I'm off to London at the weekend to go to a fancy dinner, see the War of the Worlds on stage, and see some friends with my boyfriend.  I can't wait.
Bad Points
  • I've lost too much weight.  I weigh 8st 7lbs and it isn't pretty.   Lack of exercise has led to loss of muscle tone.  I've still got the mini tyre around my waist though I think it has shrunk a little bit.
  • I earnt two black marks - one for processed food (filled pasta) and one for mayo with homemade potato wedges.  I don't feel too bad about these!
  • I missed two sessions so only done 50% of the exercise I planned to do.  
  • I still can't run and have to wait for another physio appointment.   It's getting me quite down - I'm trying not to dwell on it.
  • Still have a tendancy to overeat at the weekends.
Improvements
  • Planned three exercise sessions this week: swimming, climbing, crossfit.  I'm then away in London for three days so this is the best I can do this week.
  • Try and plan for London - accept I may end up having a drink or two but try to avoid if possible.  
  • Accept I have to wait for my running appointment and get on with enjoying other things in my life.  Think about buying a bike.
  • Arranging a nutrition appointment to sort out possible food intolerances and probiotics for IBS.

No comments:

Post a Comment