I'm still struggling with cravings but at least I have established clear emotional connections to sugar and alcohol. Boredom has some relation but on the whole I've learnt I'm a stress eater. Chocolate seems the solution when my cortisol levels skyrocket. I've learnt to ride them out with will power and bargaining with myself - usually the promise of good homecooked food later. If I get desperate I usually have to eat something - this afternoon it was a handful of pecans and almonds with a cup of Yorkshire tea.
Exercise was at an all time low this week due to finishing work late and other events. However I went to my first grown up ballet, Swan Lake at Leeds Grand Theatre, which was beautiful. I also had acupuncture for my IBS for the first time. So I feel like I'm still trying new things. All good for the soul right? Also discovered the oldest free standing house in York, which considering I lived and studied archaeology there for three years bowled me over! Norman, c.1180, just off Stonegate, if you're interested (see I said I'd relate it back to archaeology at some point).
- I still haven't had any alcohol or sugar treats after four weeks which I'm frankly amazed by. In fact I keep telling people because I can't quite believe it, which I'm sure is just really annoying.
- I made a proper vegetarian roast dinner minus the Yorkshire puds and it was pretty good. The nut roast was this Hairy Bikers recipe, even meat eaters enjoy it: https://www.hairybikersdietclub.com/media/304151/Nut-roast-PDF.pdf. Replace the gruyere with feta and it is beaut. Had some roasties, parsnips, pepper and kale with lemon juice as well.
- I can go swimming this week and am off to the pool with friends tomorrow. I'm also going to a climbing lesson with my running friends.
- Work has been busy but I've got an interesting project running.
- I've had less fruit and more savoury snacks.
- I'm off to London at the weekend to go to a fancy dinner, see the War of the Worlds on stage, and see some friends with my boyfriend. I can't wait.
- I've lost too much weight. I weigh 8st 7lbs and it isn't pretty. Lack of exercise has led to loss of muscle tone. I've still got the mini tyre around my waist though I think it has shrunk a little bit.
- I earnt two black marks - one for processed food (filled pasta) and one for mayo with homemade potato wedges. I don't feel too bad about these!
- I missed two sessions so only done 50% of the exercise I planned to do.
- I still can't run and have to wait for another physio appointment. It's getting me quite down - I'm trying not to dwell on it.
- Still have a tendancy to overeat at the weekends.
- Planned three exercise sessions this week: swimming, climbing, crossfit. I'm then away in London for three days so this is the best I can do this week.
- Try and plan for London - accept I may end up having a drink or two but try to avoid if possible.
- Accept I have to wait for my running appointment and get on with enjoying other things in my life. Think about buying a bike.
- Arranging a nutrition appointment to sort out possible food intolerances and probiotics for IBS.