I've been struggling quite a lot this week with cravings. I didn't give in to them (which was a massive plus) but being busy at work combined with some stressful episodes at home hasn't helped. I have given myself one black mark for overeating on Saturday night when we made some sushi and dumplings. I ate too fast and insisted on clearing my plate which I really didn't need to. I also have a bad habit of picking at things whilst I'm cooking.
So on to the...
- I didn't cave and raid the chocolate cupboard at work, nor did I give in to the prosecco and homemade chocolate cake that my friends were all having on Friday night - it was hard and I came very close to having a little slice of cake. However my friends were great and offered me nuts, apples and cheese as dessert alternatives and coconut water instead of wine. We had a lovely evening.
- Tried some new recipes including yummy Vegan sushi that me and my boyfriend made on Saturday evening (see below).
- We planned a trip to London in a couple of weeks time that is giving me something to look forward to (hopefully I can resist any temptations there!).
- I got to see my Mum.
- I started a new Pilates class this week, did 2 crossfit sessions and 1 spinning session.
- Don't feel like I'm making much progress. I am eating really well and its such a long time for me to go without alcohol, but I thought I would be seeing some better results. I feel like my BF % is exactly the same (hopefully not higher!) and the inch that I lost last week has returned, though my IBS has been making me very bloated.
- I'm feeling down about not being able to run. I took my physio's request for me to be referred to a Sports Medicine specialist to my GP but she said the referral was impossible. It seems like I've reached a dead end and there is a worry starting to form at the back of my mind that I'm never going to run again.
- I've been really bad at drinking water and been too dehydrated.
- Work has been busy and looking ahead this week at the rota I'm going to struggle to make the gym as the one near me is still closed.
- I've got some financial worries that need sorting out that I think are affecting my sleep.
- Look at the positives and be glad that I have avoided sugar and alcohol so far which is a big achievement for me. I shall try and portion control a little more to ensure I don't overeat and swap the fruit snacks for more vegetables.
- I will make sure I contact my physio later this week to form a plan of action - private referral may be needed.
- Be stricter with my water intake - if really busy at work ask someone to fill my bottle for me.
- Accept that I may not be able to train as much this week but do what I can even if it just using the pull up bar at home.
- Hopefully I will given the OK to swim by my eye doctor this week - can start to program in some sessions.
- Don't stick my head in the sand but try and sort things out that are troubling me.
Overall I have a great life and I need to stop whinging!